Monday, October 4, 2010

My First Quilt Top

I've really struggled trying to get good photos outdoors recently (I am no photographer at the best of times).

Either too overcast ....




... or too windy


But they give you some idea of the first quilt top that I ever made - around one year ago. The main fabric is Soiree by Lila Tueller and was made from my first jelly roll. It's not perfect, not all the seams line up precisely, but I'm pretty happy with it. I think it'll look pretty around the house during spring/summer even if it's too hot to actually snuggle under. I think it's time it got quilted - any suggestions on how to quilt it??

4 comments:

  1. Pretty dam good effort for your first top! I don't think you can go wrong with such pretty fabrics. How to quilt a top always stumps me as well. How about some diagonal lines across the quilt following the seams but 1/4 inch either side??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing First Quilt Top.... mmmhow to quilt?? i like machine quilting AND hand quilting... im not great at coming up with designs.. i think someone should write a book on quilting ideas! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks beautiful! Quilting...I am no expert!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! It's darling. My dear...we all struggle with photography. We are "Quiters" not photographers!! Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete