Thursday, October 14, 2010

Our Beach Friend

My husband is away on a business trip and took the camera with him, so I can't show you the blocks that I'm currently working on. He was meant to return today or tomorrow but the surrounding roads are closed due to flooding so I'm not quite sure when he will be home. At least he's taken the 4WD so he should be able to get home once the flooding subsides a bit.

I may have mentioned it before ..... quilting may be my thing, but 4WDing is definately my husband's thing. He loves working on his 4WD with one of his mates and we enjoy going for drives together on a Saturday when we can. A short while back we went on a day trip 4WDing in some amazing sand dunes and we came across this fella .

Nap time .....



A stretch and a scratch ....




On the move .....




We kept our distance and just enjoyed him from afar.





**************************************************************************

And this is what I'm hoping to work on this weekend.

I'll have more to show when the camera (and my dear husband of course) gets home.

2 comments:

  1. What a cute seal! Although we have them here too, it's hard to get up close pics like that. Instead we take pics of random moose.
    Can't wait to see what you're working on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great close up pictures! Hope the floods subside soon. Andre will enjoy a bit of adventure driving through those waters I'm sure :)

    Nice fabrics! Looks tricky.

    ReplyDelete