Thursday, October 21, 2010

QAYG: Part 4

It's been a while since I've posted about my progress on my "Quilt As You Go" project. I've been a little slower than I'd hoped ... but here are a couple of new blocks .....



All of them together ...


This quilt is going to be 16 blocks (4 x 4) and I was thinking that maybe it needed a little more white. So I made this block .....


I was thinking  that every 2nd block would have a solid colour border followed by a white one. The picture below doesn't really show what I mean (because I've only made one block to try it). I love the look of this quilt and these blocks.


What do you think? White or no white??

10 comments:

  1. I think, going off the links you supplied of quilts you love, that you should do the white blocks. Both of them had the white and looked great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the white! This quilt is going to be so awesome...

    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. White. Thanks to you, I tracked down the panel and am going to try something similar to yours, and also try QAYG.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, go for the white!! Have you decided what you're bringing over to sew next week?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the white!! hey and by the way I'm back online with my blog .... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, definitely the white! You are doing such a wonderful job, it looks beautiful. I'm looking forward to your grand finish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The white will lighten it - looks great!
    Mum

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am definitely outnumbered.......I would bravely say no white - I love the way the colors alone stand out - it gives the quilt a bright,clean look - I think the white throws it off. BUT, that's just my 2 pennies worth! (Now I'm going to hide under a rock so that no one can find me!!LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love how this quilt is turning out! Well I have to say I like the alternating white blocks and I'm so pleased that my QAYG quilt was part of your inspiration. I think the alternating blocks keep the eye moving around the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm with Laurie..no white. It looks so crisp just as it is in that last photo. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete