Friday, January 7, 2011

Happy New Year!!

I know I'm about 6 days late but I wanted to wish you all a Happy New Year. I hope that 2011 is wonderful for you and your family!!

So I thought I'd share a little about what I've been up to of late.........


I went to Sydney for my brother Matthew and his beautiful new wife Freja's wedding!


Even though it rained and stormed that afternoon when they were having photos, they still had big smiles on their faces and their ceremony was very special.


Here are my parents and siblings and I.

& here are some of my handsome (and very cheeky) nephews.
.........................................................................................................

I was feeling a little under the weather in early December and so I didn't do a whole lot of sewing but I did manage to get a couple of Christmas presents made for family.

My mother-in-law finally received her "Pine For You" Christmas quilt.


Her favourite colour is purple and so she loved this quilt. I had originally started to hand quilt around each tree but I wasn't happy with my stitches (they seemed to not always go through to the back) so I unpicked it and I was happy with simple stitch in the ditch around the blocks and borders.


I was pretty happy with how I pieced the 2 back panels .... the seam is almost invisible.


I have a few other things to show you but I didn't take photos before I gifted them. So I'll ask the new owner to send me some photos so I can share them with you soon.

2 comments:

  1. They are lovely photos! And I am SO impressed with your matching those two panels... if you hadn't said I would not even have seen it !! Wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics! Nice to see another variation of Pine for You.

    ReplyDelete