Saturday, June 4, 2011

Bijoux Kaleidoscope WIP

I am so bad ... I've started ANOTHER quilt top!!!


I think my problem is that my favourite part is choosing a pattern or block, picking out fabrics and seeing the quilt top come together. My least favouite part is the basting (it also doesn't help that I don't really have a space large enough in my home to baste anything larger than a baby quilt) and I still feel a little daunted by the quilting (I wish I could just hand them to a longarm quilter), so I tend to stall once the quilt top is pieced ...... and once I put it aside until I have time to find a place large enough to baste the quilt, I start all over again.

So this is what I have recently started on .....


The pattern is Kaleidoscope by the very clever Allison at Cluck Cluck Sew and the fabrics are Bijoux by Heather Bailey - such bright, fun colours. I am yet to applique the circles on the blocks I have made thus far.

I did get one of my There's a Square in There quilts basted yesterday so I'm hoping to get stuck into the quilting this week and with any luck I'll have another completed quilt to show you soon :)

Oh and one more thing .... remember the giveaway I had back in January for all those that donated items to the Qld Flood Appeal Auctions. Well Lexie (Periwinkle Girl) won the Sherbet Pips charm pack and has just completed her first ever quilt!! It's gorgeous, so please head over to her blog to check it out and let her know how talented she is!!


2 comments:

  1. That looks like a lovely pattern for that quilt and the colours are amazing - love them <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is looking great! Aren't those fabrics so bright and happy!

    ReplyDelete