Friday, October 19, 2012

Giant Swoon Baby Quilt

I've loved Camille's Swoon quilt pattern ever since I first saw it.
I have started (but not finished) a full sized quilt. The original block size is a large 24 inches square. I have also made a cushion for my Nana - I made that one a little smaller at 20 inches square. But for this baby quilt I only wanted one supersized block and made it a whopping 36 inches plus small border.


I used a yellow Sketch fabric for the background and some of my favourite Prints Charming prints for the scrappy block.


I used a Prints Charming check for the back, but it wasn't quite wide enough so I pieced in some matching bright pink and aqua Sketch fabrics.


Jeannette longarm quilted it for me in a cute all-over star and swirl pattern.


I hadn't planned on rounding the corners originally but somehow they ended up rounded (I got a bit addicted to using bias binding there for a bit :). I used a precut Kona robins egg bias binding.


So there you have it - one bright, fun and very girly giant scrappy Swoon baby quilt!

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are as enamored with Swoon as I have been! (I've made a full-size quilt, two 1-block minis and a 48" 'super' swoon block.) Your is just lovely - an awesome baby quilt! love the curved corners too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie do you have measurements for the 48" super swoon. I'm looking to make a lap quilt and I think this is the pattern I want to use. Thanks!

      Delete
    2. Lis, if you get the patten or measurement for the super swoon, let me know,... OK
      Sewingranch@yahoo.com

      Delete
  2. beautiful quilt. love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful quilt. love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the giant swoon!! the rounded corners are just perfect too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great! Scrappy Swoons are so adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete